This policy describes how your personal information is collected, used and shared when you visit www.davidcottonfineart.com
We respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our website, www.davidcottonfineart.com and any other services or sites that we operate.
Information We Collect
Information we collect includes both information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions, and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
We collect the following data;
- Log Files( that track action on the site and collect standard data provided by your web browsers such as your device's IP address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, time spent on each page, other details about your visit and technical details that occur in conjunction with any errors you may encounter).
- Cookies ( to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site. This helps us serve you content based on the preferences you have specified).
We collect personal information ( your name/email) from you when you do any of the following on our website:
- Enter any of our competitions, contests and surveys
- Sign up to receive updates from us via email or social media channels
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to enable you to customise or personalise your experience of our website
- to contact and communicate with you
- for Google analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve our website and associated social media platforms
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes
- to run competitions, sweepstakes, and/or offer additional benefits to you
- for security and fraud prevention, and to ensure that our site(s) are safe and secure
Legitimate Reasons for Processing Your Personal Information
We only collect and use your information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so and we collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you. We use this information to communicate with you, respond to enquiries and when in line with your preferences send out newsletters or share information with you relevant to our services.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information only for as long as we need to. If your personal information is no longer required, we will delete it or make it anonymous by removing all details that identify you.
However, if necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal or reporting obligation.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers to enable them to provide their services, for example, IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers or analytics platforms
- sponsors or promoters of any competition, sweepstakes, or promotion we run
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time. We will provide you with the ability to unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications. Please be aware we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Changes to This Policy
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt-out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you may contact us using the following details: email@example.com